fledgeling music blog to share auditory stimulation I find fascinating; could be anything from avant garde sound art sample collage to indie folk industrial hip-hop or somesuch madness ;) also will be makin' 'n' sharin' eclectic cd length mp3 mixes monthly-bimonthly

5.13.2006

paranoia green eggs and Japan

i found myself humming this song today, it's a Japanese hip-hop song but it's got... I think maybe it's Shamisen? - Japanese stringed instrument in it... It's called Dakara Sono Te O Hanashi, at least according to whomever originally labeled, I don't recall where I found it... It's labeled as being Dabo, who I've heard other stuff by, and I'm not sure if that's correct. Anyway, it's a really good song. Do give it a listen. (the link is "this song" up there).

Here is a real good mash-up, Faint vs. Daft Punk, "Techno Attack". And you gotta check out the site that is from, Bass 211 Bootlegs, they podcast mash-ups and other good stuff. The most recent song up is a really neat cover of Roy Orbison's "In Dreams" I am not linking directly that one. Do visit the site. :)

I believe I have mentioned Dictionaraoke("the singing dictionary") before, how so ever I dunno that I specifically referenced one of the bestest songs on there-- Stark Effect's rendition of Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham. If you like this visit Stark Effect dot com for more audio mayhem. And if you like this sort of stuff, mash-ups, or sample collage type stuff, be sure to visit the sites of the different artists who put together the songs on Dictionaraoke's site, each artist name is also a link to their website and most have other sorts of nifty audio miscellany they've created. And check out my prior posts as I have posted about such musics and sound art before.

I should note as I am speaking of such things that Negativlandland opened yesterday at Creative Electric Studios in NE Minneapolis. For more infos click on their name their and go to their website. And do check out Negativland's site.
I didn't end up going to the opening but I plan on checking this out soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn that Faint versus Daft Punk song rocks.
I liked the japanese song a bit less, but it's catchy and I love foreign languages. I downloaded it.

who the h*ll is responsible 4 this sh*te?!?

My photo
mpls, mn, United States
thirsty
BM Counter